Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Elliptic Labs

Guessing timing of the 2nd OEM is tricky. Long time ago it was PC contract 9-12 months after tech license agreement, i.e. Q4-23. Late -23 it was 12-18mo i.e. by end Q2-24. As you have observed, Elabs keeps quiet and skips all questions on #2 in May and July. Does not necessarily imply 2025, but could indicate what is not good — that not 1 of the 3 OEMs on the waiting list have yet decided on the pilot laptop and its timing. If that is the case, no news until resolved. The optimistic view is that the plan is clear but tricky NDA keeps info off the public domain until #2 announces its first launch. Delays could also be based on the next one wanting to launch with sth “hotter” than Lenovo and could include a wider package. With Elabs, get used to expect the unexpected.

5 Likes

Elliptic Labs Shipping on HONOR X60i Smartphone

6 Likes

It is an interesting development that Intel is bringing in Wi-Fi Sensing to more products. This product is really done with Wi-Fi as there are no speakers or microphone included.

https://shop.asus.com/us/asus-nuc-14-pro.html

But I’m rather optimistic about the future developments with intel. It must not be a coincidence that the upcoming capabilities are 1:1 with Elabs, as we know their co-operation.

So one good search term to use in google is intel+wi-fi sensing combined with i.e. 24hr or 7-day timeline. This kind of research will become more important when Lunar Lake release occurs in September.

4 Likes

Tried playing around with ChatGPT, and this is what i got:

Search: intel wi-fi sensing with elabs

Intel Wi-Fi Sensing with eLabs refers to Intel’s collaboration with eLabs, a platform or ecosystem that provides tools and support for experimenting with and developing applications based on Intel’s Wi-Fi Sensing technology.

Here’s a breakdown of how this collaboration typically functions:

1. Development Platform: eLabs provides developers with the tools, resources, and environment needed to create and test applications that leverage Intel’s Wi-Fi Sensing technology. This may include APIs, SDKs, and development kits.
  2. Experimentation and Prototyping: Through eLabs, developers can experiment with different use cases and prototypes that utilize Wi-Fi Sensing. This can involve creating innovative solutions in areas like smart home automation, health monitoring, security, and more.
  3. Integration and Support: eLabs often offers integration support, documentation, and technical guidance to help developers effectively use Wi-Fi Sensing capabilities in their products or projects.
  4. Community and Collaboration: The collaboration might also include access to a community of developers, researchers, and industry experts who can provide feedback, share best practices, and collaborate on new ideas.
  5. Innovation and Research: eLabs may serve as a hub for research and development, helping to drive innovation by exploring new applications and refining existing technologies based on Intel’s Wi-Fi Sensing.

By working with eLabs, Intel aims to accelerate the adoption and development of Wi-Fi Sensing technologies, enabling a wider range of applications and driving forward the capabilities of smart sensing and environmental awareness.

When I spoke to the CFO of Elabs last fall regarding competition from Wifi sensing, they weren’t worried due to inferior accuracy, and the fact that wifi goes through walls. But it’s worth keeping an eye on since Intel keeps offering it. Could it be as simple as wifi sensing is preferred on desktops/mini PCs where there are no microphones/speakers for ultrasound to use?

6 Likes

This was a very good and important point - thanks for bringing it up. I have asked about this same from Lars just a week ago but haven’t received an answer yet. If the technical situation remains the same as last year, then this further confirms that the upcoming Sensing offering mentioned in the news article above will be provided together with Elabs.

(My understanding, not being a tech expert: We know WiFi is getting a little better as Wi-Fi 7 will reduce the wavelenghts just a little, but still not significantly. So WiFi will have a bit more better resolution for sensing, but shouldn’t be as accurate as Elabs.)

1 Like

Se der ja. Spenstig sats kursen tok før stengetid. :+1:

Meget voliatil om dagen. Lavt volum, og feriemodus.

I’m not very worried of these cuts as long as OEMs keep selling AI laptops. Also per Intel Q2 press release, there has been a heavy ramp-up in AI PCs which has increased their Capex lately. This is actually not that bad for Elabs :ok_hand:

6 Likes

All oppgang fra Q2 er nå forduftet. Lite som tyder på at investorer har sett de siste meldingene som de-risk.

Var jo kraftig tek nedgang på wallstreet igår, tror nok det henger sammen med det

Har garantert en innvirkning, men det har nesten utelukkende vært røde dager den siste tiden. Dersom man har fulgt Elabs en stund føyer det seg inn i et mønster.

2 Likes

Må nesten si at mange av oss har blitt vandt til det😂 men synes selv at det fundementale en uendret. Får håpe på noen positive overraskelser i september med tanke på CES👌🏽

1 Like

Hovedårsaken for de siste dagers nedgang skyldes at Japan har skrudd opp styringsrenta til 0,25%

Nikkei indexen i Japan er vel ned 8% på 2 dager og resten av verden følger etter.:chart_with_downwards_trend:

Landet har hatt 0 rente i nesten 40 år.

Det er ofte små selskaper som straffes hardest, men syns at elabs ble straffet vel hard 🫣

Og i dag starter Elabs ned 8 %…

Allting tokrasar ju. Elabs mer enn mange andre, ettersom de ikke går med vinst og Fremtiden ser lidrigt sagt usikker ut.
Tur jeg hadde en det tørt krut på kontot så jeg kunde handle lite idag på morgonen. Nå er det meste på vei opp igjen.

De største selskapene har hentes seg inn men det er fortsatt mulig å gjøre noe gode kjøp på de mindre selskapene.

Intel er vel en samarbeidspartner? og de sliter. Kan dette påvirke Elabs planer negativt?

Det er jo naturlig, men i hvor stor grad ? Det virker som om dette er software problem, at den trekker for mye strøm, så da er det jo mulig å løse. Et hardware problem, ville jo vært en større utfordring.