Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Photocure fundamentale forhold (PHO)

Photocure ASA: Results for the first quarter of 2018

Oslo, Norway, 23 May 2018: Photocure ASA (OSE:PHO), today reported a revenue growth of 36% in local currency for the important U.S. market in the first quarter of 2018, contributing to Hexvix/Cysview revenues of NOK 40.7 million (Q1 2017: NOK 36.5) and a recurring EBITDA of NOK -4.3 million (NOK -4.0  million). With the reimbursement of Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview, FDA approval of label expansion for Cysview and the launch of Cysview in combination with flexible cystoscopes in the surveillance of bladder cancer patients, the company expects a continued solid growth towards the 2020 ambitions.

“We are pleased to report strong growth in the U.S. sales with a year-over-year increase of 36%. The increase follows the accelerated investments in our U.S. commercial team, sales infrastructure and marketing. We believe these organizational changes will continue to drive execution of our growth plans throughout the year. Furthermore, we have this year received FDA approval of label expansion for Cysview and launched Cysview in combination with flexible cystoscopes in the surveillance of bladder cancer patients. With this as well as publication of new clinical data and new reimbursement in the U.S., we have significantly strengthened our ability to provide many more bladder cancer patients with improved management,” says Kjetil Hestdal, President and Chief Executive Officer of Photocure.

Photocure reported total group revenues of NOK 41.6 million in the first quarter of 2017 (36.5), with a recurring EBITDA of NOK -4.0 million (-4.3). Net profit was NOK -3.0 million (-6.9), while the cash position ended at NOK 110.7 million. The sales development in the U.S. was strong with a unit sales increase of 29% in the quarter. Global in-market unit sales of Hexvix/Cysview decreased 3%, impacted by the loss of reimbursement in France and large deliveries to hospitals in Denmark in the fourth quarter of 2017. The EBITDA for the Hexvix/Cysview commercial franchise ended at NOK 0.9 million in the first quarter of 2018.

During the first quarter, Photocure experienced all time high increases in permanent blue light cystoscopes (BLCs), with 9 installations bringing the total to 113 at the end of the quarter. The company is gradually expanding the commercial and medical organization in the U.S. to increase the penetration of Cysview, and Photocure will continue this process throughout 2018.

In February 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved additional indications for BLC with Cysview to include flexible cystoscopes, which are used in the on-going surveillance of patients with bladder cancer. After the closing of the quarter, Photocure launched Cysview in combination with blue light enabled flexible video cystoscopes and the first bladder cancer patients underwent surveillance examination performed with flexible BLC with Cysview.

Photocure has built considerable experience in the bladder cancer market through its Hexvix/Cysview franchise and sees significant long-term value creation potential in this market segment. The company aims to capitalize on the inclusion in the AUA guidelines, as well as the increased patient awareness and the changes to reimbursement of Cysview in the outpatient TURBT procedures with rigid cystoscopes, to significantly increase penetration in the U.S. market. Furthermore, with the approval of the extension of the indication for BLC with Cysview to include flexible cystoscopies, a significant market opportunity has opened in the surveillance segment

“With 1.2 million surveillance cystoscopies performed annually in the US, this represents a significant opportunity for the company. We have an ambition to drive the US revenues in 2020 to a range of USD 20-25 million, however with upside potential driven by added reimbursement and penetration of the surveillance segment. The company will update the market on this outlook later in 2018 when there is better visibility of effects of the new reimbursement and initial market response in the surveillance segment”, says Hestdal.

Please find the full financial report and presentation enclosed.

Photocure will present its first quarter report on Wednesday 23 May 2018 at Hotel Continental, Oslo, Norway. The presentation will begin at 08:30 (CET) and representatives from the company will be Kjetil Hestdal, President & CEO and Erik Dahl, CFO. The presentation will be held in Norwegian.

The presentation will be publicly available at www.photocure.com. It will be possible to follow the presentation through http://webtv.hegnar.no/presentation.php?webcastId=83489783

A light snack will be served from 08:00 (CET). The presentation is scheduled to conclude at 09:15 (CET).

Photocure will additionally host an audio webcast and conference call (http://webtv.hegnar.no/presentation.php?webcastId=83490010) the same day in English at 17:00 CET / 16:00 GMT / 11:00 EST.

Please join the event conference 5-10 minutes prior to the start time using the number and confirmation code below:

NORWAY:       +47 2100 2610

UK:                  +44(0)330 336 9105

USA:                +1 323 701 0225

Confirmation code: 6005389

It is possible to listen to a replay of the conference call on the following numbers:

NORWAY        +47 2350 0077

UK                   +44 (0)207 660 0134

USA                 +1 719 457 0820

Confirmation code: 6005389

For further information, please contact:

Photocure
Kjetil Hestdal
President & CEO
Tel: + 47 913 19 535
Email: [email protected]

Erik Dahl
Chief Financial Officer
Tel: +47 450 55 000
Email: [email protected]

Notes to editors

About Photocure ASA
Photocure, The Bladder Cancer Company, delivers transformative solutions to improve the lives of bladder cancer patients. Our unique technology, which makes cancer cells glow bright pink, has led to better health outcomes for patients worldwide. Photocure is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: PHO). The US headquarters for Photocure Inc., are in Princeton, New Jersey. For more information, please visit us at www.photocure.com, www.hexvix.com or www.cysview.com

This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.

1Q2018 Report
1Q2018 Presentation

This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Photocure ASA via Globenewswire

Nyheten er levert av GlobeNewswire.

http://www.netfonds.no/quotes/release.php?id=20180523.GlobeNewswire.HUG2194606

3 Likes

Noe skuffende resultater i forhold til forventningene.
Brukbart i USA, men meget svakt i Europa.

1 Like

Hestdal presiserer potensiale til topp 25 området, burde øke forventningene.

1 Like

Og betydelig potensiale i område i Europa

1 Like

Det er jo denne som er viktig:

samt nå 113 scopes utplassert…

Ja, hestdal fremhevet den og sa at kun 5% vil gi betydelig vekst

Og mest sannsynlig permanent refusjon fra 1.1.19 på denne delen

1 Like

Jeg tar med Snøffelens kommentar på hegnar:

7 Likes

“In May 2018, the United States Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) positively responded to Photocure’s request to establish a Cysview specific reimbursement code. CMS released their preliminary coding recommendation to establish a specific A code for instillation of hexylaminoleviluate (Cysview) when used in physician office and other sites of care from January 1, 2019. The final ruling is expected to be released second half 2018. The proposed reimbursement code is a permanent code that CMS frequently applies to FDA approved drugs, especially products used in connection with a procedure and imaging.”

Potensialet hær er jo enormt!!!:crown:

1 Like

Og svaret ble litt det jeg fryktet dessverre. På sikt blir det bra tror jeg fremdeles. Utplasseringen av scope var et lyspunkt f.eks. mindre kostnader også.

2 Likes

Jeg har bare fulgt med sånn halvveis, det jeg lurer på er hvordan de leverer i forhold til guidingen?

omsettning på 2,2 mill :sweat_smile:
Hær forstår nok de fleste at det er bare er å sitte rolig i påvente av Q2.
De leverer på sin guiding @Christian :hugs: men markedet ser ikke skogen for alle trærne samt at nisselua er ennå på selv om det er laaangt ut i mai mnd. :yum:

Som sagt potensialet ligger der, og når det enorme surveilance markedet kicker inn sammen med vanlig bruk av BLC og Cysview…:star_struck:

Eg syntes det er en av Hestdals beste potensial presentasjon eg har sett.

1 Like

fant denne på hegnar

1 Like

Helt i henhold til guiding.

1 Like

Helt enig @Longtrader , og ikke så rart når det nå er snakk om ett så enormt marked som de har fått innpass til gjennom surveilance markedet.

Timeline:
16.02.2018 - FDA utvidet godkjenning i både stiv og fleksibel blå lyscystoskopi (BLC) betyr at Cysview nå kan brukes under transuretral reseksjon av blærekreftkirurgi for diagnose og oppstart, samt med oppfølging av overvåkning av ikke-muskuløs invasiv blærekreft (NMIBC)

16.05.2018 Inntoget av de nye Flexiscopene, “første salg”
Det nye fleksible systemet utvider seg på den stive plattformen, noe som muliggjør komfortable, bedøvelsesfrie undersøkelser for å bekrefte mistenkte lesjoner fra en tidligere cystoskopi og for kontinuerlig overvåkning av NMIBC når den brukes i forbindelse med Cysview®

23.05.2018 PHO vil oppdatere markedet på NYE intekts prognoser for 2020 senere i 2018 når det er bedre synlighet av effekter av den nye refusjonen og det første markedssvaret i overvåkingssegmentet
Med 1,2 millioner overvåkingscystoskopier utført årlig i USA, representerer dette en betydelig mulighet for selskapet

I mai 2018 reagerte USAs sentre for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) positivt på Photocures forespørsel om å etablere en Cysview-spesifikk refusjonskode. CMS utgav sin foreløpige kodende anbefaling for å etablere en spesifikk A-kode for instillasjon av heksylaminoleviluat (Cysview) ved bruk i legekontor og andre pleieområder fra 1. januar 2019. Den endelige avgjørelsen forventes utgitt i andre halvdel 2018. Den foreslåtte refusjonen kode er en permanent kode som CMS ofte gjelder for godkjente FDA-stoffer, spesielt produkter som brukes i forbindelse med en prosedyre og bildebehandling

NB! May2018 “BLADDER CANCER AWARENESS MONTH IN US” , ref. BCAN

Så Q1 er jo alt for tidlig til å se resultater av alt dette!
men å legge sammen 2+2 er jo alltid en utfordring for mange :sweat_smile:

Hvordan er guidingen framover? :slight_smile:

Temmelig konservativ for øyeblikket, og dette holder nok et lokk på kursen.

Det de har sagt er at de skal vurdere revidering av guiding i andre halvår når de ser effekten av alt som har skjedd med tillatelser og refusjon det siste året.

1 Like

Q1 ferdig. Ca som forventet. Også dagens kursreaksjon. Helt etter «boka».
Vekst i USA kombinert med høyere dollarkurs vil gi oss vendepunktet i dette kvartalet. Klikk på 3 mnd!
Min «spådom» er at mange tenkte som meg. Q1 kom for tidlig til å se en tydelig effekt osv. Mange har nok sett for seg perioden mellom Q1 og Q2 som «Kjøpetid».
Jeg har i hvert fall startet med kjøp nå :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Christian

Tørre tall viser hvorfor kursen i photocure ikke fyker - Det er forsvinnende liten omsetning i selskapet sett opp mot andre biotechs som har produkter på markedet.

US Cysview omsetning i q4 2016 var 8 millioner. Q1 2018 var 12,7 millioner.

Spørsmålet er nå om med alt som har skjedd det siste året at vi vil se en mye brattere kurve i statene, og om det i så tilfelle vil kunne dra andre markeder med seg.

1 Like