Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Makro, indeks, valuta 2

Perspektiv fra “gutta på gulvet.” Har de rett? Tja, hvem vet - ikke jeg. Har lest en rekke artikler i det siste fra lastebilsjåfører i USA som sier at de ikke er problemet, det er andre faktorer her, og dette er en av de bedre jeg har sett. Så får man ta med at mannen selvfølgelig har interesse av at lønninger i bransjen dyttes oppover av politikere som vil løse problemet, som kan påvirke perspektivet hans.

From personal experience, what used to take me 20–30 minutes to pick up at a warehouse can now take three to four hours. This slowdown is warehouse management related: very few warehouses are open 24 hours, and even if they are, many are so short staffed it doesn’t make much difference, they are so far behind schedule. It means that as a freight driver, I cannot pick up as much freight in a day as I used to, and since I can’t get as much freight on my truck, the whole supply chain is backed up. Freight simply isn’t moving.

My prediction is that nothing is going to change and the shipping crisis is only going to get worse. Nobody in the supply chain wants to pay to solve the problem. They literally just won’t pay to solve the problem. At the point we are at now, things are so backed up that the backups THEMSELVES are causing container companies, ports, warehouses, and trucking companies to charge massive rate increases for doing literally NOTHING. Container companies have already decreased the maximum allowable times before containers have to be back to the port, and if the congestion is so bad that you can’t get the container back into the port when it is due, the container company can charge massive late fees. The ports themselves will start charging massive storage fees for not getting containers out on time — storage charges alone can run into thousands of dollars a day. Warehouses can charge massive premiums for their services, and so can trucking companies. Chronic understaffing has led to this problem, but it is allowing these same companies to charge ten times more for regular services. Since they’re not paying the workers any more than they did last year or five years ago, the whole industry sits back and cashes in on the mess it created. In fact, the more things are backed up, the more every point of the supply chain cashes in. There is literally NO incentive to change, even if it means consumers have to do holiday shopping in July and pay triple for shipping.

3 Likes

Fantastisk , tenkte på @holmes @Nocturne når jeg så denne.
Det er litt hva vi har sagt. Jeg under jo nå at jeg var litt tidlig på salgs knappen men det og kjøpe bear nå begynner jeg og like. Bli spennende i morgen og høre hva fed sier.

3 Likes

Tørrlastindeks fortsetter rett ned: Faller 11,1 prosent tirsdag

6 timer siden · Anders Nybakken Kvale

Inntjeningen til de største tørrlastskipene, kalt Capesize, i spotmarkedet fortsetter det kraftige fallet.

Gjennom forrige uke falt Baltic Capesize-indeksen, som måler hva Capesize-skipene drar inn på frakten av varer som kull, jernmalm og korn, tungt. Tirsdag er den ned 11,1 prosent til 30.987 dollar per dag, ifølge The Baltic Exchange, skriver Infront TDN Direkt.

I begynnelsen av oktober nådde indeksen 87.000 dollar per dag - det høyeste nivået siden 2008.

… Så da burde inflasjonen komme nedover da?

3 Likes

ECB følger ikke FED…

Sentralbanksjef Christine Lagarde i Den europeiske sentralbanken (ECB) sier det er lite sannsynlig at sentralbanken vil sette opp styringsrenten i løpet av 2022.

Det sier hun i en tale onsdag, ifølge internasjonale medier.

Videre sier hun at ECB vil fortsette å bruke PEPP for å sikre gunstige finansieringsforhold. Og selv etter PEPP-programmet utløper, vil det fortsatt være viktig at pengepolitikken – inkludert en passende kalibrering av verdipapirkjøp – støtter innhentingen og en bærekraftig inflasjon på linje med målet.

-En uberettiget innstramming av finansieringsforhold er ikke ønsket på et tidspunkt hvor kjøpekraften allerede blir presset av høyere energi- og drivstoffpriser, og det ville gitt en uberettiget motvind i innhentingen, sier hun

2 Likes

Kanskje litt naiv formulering, men er det ikke sånn at sentralbankene skal dekke opp for det investorer trekker ut av markedet sånn at markedet oppnår “ro”? Burde ikke støttekjøpene øke når indeksene er ned i stedet for når de er på topp historisk/i god fart oppover?

2 Likes

Nei huff prisene på vei oppover, da kan vi ikke belaste økonomien med høyere renter

Jeg har peilet meg inn på mai 2022 som panikktid hvis inflasjonen ikke går over :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ikke med mindre man har som intensjonen å sende økonomien i ned knestående

Jeg tror det beste for økonomien er nye lockdowns i vinter, og så masse stimusprogrammer rettet mot alle som blir rammet, så man kan få brukt mer penger raskest mulig.

Om ikke pandemien blir ille nok i vinter, så kan vi vel ha en klimalockdown ?

5 Likes

Meme coins er litt ned i dag, det tyder på manglende likviditet og jeg foreslår å øke QE programmet. Mange kan gå i konkurs om meme coins fortsetter ned.

4 Likes

Det blir nice! ^^ Uten vedfyring da! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Party @ the FED ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement

For release at 2:00 p.m. EDT

The Federal Reserve is committed to using its full range of tools to support the U.S. economy in this challenging time, thereby promoting its maximum employment and price stability goals.

With progress on vaccinations and strong policy support, indicators of economic activity and employment have continued to strengthen. The sectors most adversely affected by the pandemic have improved in recent months, but the summer’s rise in COVID-19 cases has slowed their recovery. Inflation is elevated, largely reflecting factors that are expected to be transitory. Supply and demand imbalances related to the pandemic and the reopening of the economy have contributed to sizable price increases in some sectors. Overall financial conditions remain accommodative, in part reflecting policy measures to support the economy and the flow of credit to U.S. households and businesses.

The path of the economy continues to depend on the course of the virus. Progress on vaccinations and an easing of supply constraints are expected to support continued gains in economic activity and employment as well as a reduction in inflation. Risks to the economic outlook remain.

The Committee seeks to achieve maximum employment and inflation at the rate of 2 percent over the longer run. With inflation having run persistently below this longer-run goal, the Committee will aim to achieve inflation moderately above 2 percent for some time so that inflation averages 2 percent over time and longer‑term inflation expectations remain well anchored at 2 percent. The Committee expects to maintain an accommodative stance of monetary policy until these outcomes are achieved. The Committee decided to keep the target range for the federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent and expects it will be appropriate to maintain this target range until labor market conditions have reached levels consistent with the Committee’s assessments of maximum employment and inflation has risen to 2 percent and is on track to moderately exceed 2 percent for some time. In light of the substantial further progress the economy has made toward the Committee’s goals since last December, the Committee decided to begin reducing the monthly pace of its net asset purchases by $10 billion for Treasury securities and $5 billion for agency mortgage-backed securities. Beginning later this month, the Committee will increase its holdings of Treasury securities by at least $70 billion per month and of agency mortgage‑backed securities by at least $35 billion per month. Beginning in December, the Committee will increase its holdings of Treasury securities by at least $60 billion per month and of agency mortgage-backed securities by at least $30 billion per month. The Committee judges that similar reductions in the pace of net asset purchases will likely be appropriate each month, but it is prepared to adjust the pace of purchases if warranted by changes in the economic outlook. The Federal Reserve’s ongoing purchases and holdings of securities will continue to foster smooth market functioning and accommodative financial conditions, thereby supporting the flow of credit to households and businesses.

In assessing the appropriate stance of monetary policy, the Committee will continue to monitor the implications of incoming information for the economic outlook. The Committee would be prepared to adjust the stance of monetary policy as appropriate if risks emerge that could impede the attainment of the Committee’s goals. The Committee’s assessments will take into account a wide range of information, including readings on public health, labor market conditions, inflation pressures and inflation expectations, and financial and international developments.

Voting for the monetary policy action were Jerome H. Powell, Chair; John C. Williams, Vice Chair; Thomas I. Barkin; Raphael W. Bostic; Michelle W. Bowman; Lael Brainard; Richard H. Clarida; Mary C. Daly; Charles L. Evans; Randal K. Quarles; and Christopher J. Waller.

Mr market viser at dette var vi forberedt på. Nå er det selskapsresultatene som gjelder.

1 Like

Men Fed har også vært klar på at det er uaktuelt å øke renten før de kvantitative lettelsene er avsluttet.

Så tidligst om 8 måneder?

Jeg er egentlig spent på om de får solgt unna all gjelden sin til denne renten.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/utslippene-oker-kraftig-i-2021-_-koronaeffekten-nesten-borte-1.15716190

Dette er jo galskap. vi ser i dag at PPI er opp 16%, dette går jo rett over på oss forbrukere og CPI vil jo stige kraftig frem over. At de ikke skal sette opp renten er bare ett spill for Galeriet.

Eller Inflasjon kan ta fulstendig av…

2 Likes

Er nok mye energi og frakt som slår inn her. Godt mulig det er rimelig kortvarig.

1 Like

De har vel faktisk ikke sagt at de skal selge gammel gjeld, men det de skal er og ikke refinasere gammel gjeld mer en 105 billion USD. Så det de sikkert kommer til og gjøre er og kjøpe masse gjeld som har 10 år + .

Men jeg er enig med deg, jeg tviler på at de klarer og komme helt til 0 før Juni neste år. FED har jo en tendens til og si det som trengs og gjøre det som trengs, ikke det økonomien Burde ha gjort.
Spennende…

Obs. FED skal ikke selge unna gjeld. De skal kjøpe mindre gjeld. De neste 8 månedene skal fortsatt FED ha en ekspansiv pengepolitikk, den vil bare være mindre ekspansiv enn den har vært. Det er ikke snakk om reell innstramming enda.

Tapering betyr fortsatt at de skal stimulere økonomien, bare i gradvis mindre grad.

Som jeg har nevnt andre steder, det ligger til rette for at alt er mulig når vi kommer til april/juni neste år, avhengig av hvordan det ser ut da. Per nå skal de gjennomføre politikken sin og se an situasjonen.

FED kan enten skryte av å ha gjort alt riktig, eller få masse kjeft for å ha reagert alt for seint, når vi er 6 måneder fram i tid. Avhengig av hvordan inflasjon og økonomien ser ut da.

6 Likes