Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Nustay - your number 1 hotel provider

Som Moderator ville jeg kanskje moderert meg noe mer når folk sitter med to-sifret intradagstap Evilfreud…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jeg vet ikke hvilket tap folk har, men jeg har vel egentlig vært kritisk og advart mot denne fra post nr 1 jeg har hatt her inne.

Asked CEO some questions about the report and more and like I thought there are a lot of one time cost in q1:

1. Will you open up Nustay in other languages when entering the Asian market? For example chines.

MLN: Yes, when we enter a market we will have the site translated for the specific market, as we have now with all markets we are actively advertising in.

1. Will you have you own chines speeking customer support or will you use a partner?

MLN: We already have 1 person speaking native Chinese, and yes we will have our own Chinese speaking customer support. We don’t believe in outsourcing to a partner.

1. Seeing you less right now on GHA in big European cities and big US cities how come?

MLN: It depends on how much budget we allocate to Sweden vs other countries.

1. The negative cashflow amounted to 12,6MDKK in q1 and you have 11,2 left in cash. Can you comment on what cost amount to 12,6 MDKK, how much is related to the IPO, one time costs and how much is due to lower margins then expected.

MLN: As you see in our reporting 5.4 mDKK of the negative cash flow was driven by adverse working capital performance. Where 4.5 mDKK attributes to reduction in shareholder loans and 3.9 mDKK due to increased use of B2C suppliers. Adjusting for these two factors our cash flow from operations would have been negative with 4.2 mDKK. We haven’t reported the expensed IPO related costs, but can only say it is a significant amount.

1. How long will the cash last and is their a risk/possibility that you might need to take in more cash?

MLN: We do not forecast any short or mid term need for additional financing, given the focused effort of prioritizing B2B suppliers.

1. What does the other external expenses consist off?

MLN: As mentioned in the reporting external expenses driven by increased marketing spend, establishing 24/7 customer service and one-offs IPO related costs.

The significant items in external expenses are Marketing, IPO related, IT, office, consultants in admin and call center functions and other general expenses.

7.In the report you write that you had relatively high bookings from your B2C suppliers which impacted your margin with approx 1% and cash position with 3,9 MDKK. Can you explain this little bit more in detail and say how you will get these margins to increase? I thought that the B2C suppliers like hotelbeds was one of your strengths against the competitors but now it seems the other way around.

MLN: Hotelbeds is a b2b supplier. Margins will increase because we can control the pricing and markups on b2b prices ourselves, where b2c prices is fixed and we earn a commission on these when selling them.

1 Like

Today Nustay sign one deal and terminated one with Expedia. So I asked CEO some questions.
I get a lot of worries from shareholders about the terminated deal with Expedia. So here are some questions that I intend to post on line.

1. How will the termination effect your
  • revenue

MLN: I am only allowed to repeat what is stated in the PM, that the termination will not have influence on Nustay’s cash EBITDA.

• number of hotels available on your site

MLN: If comparing to Expedia’s official accommodations numbers, Nustay will not lose any feelable coverage due to a significant amount of other suppliers, including global leaders such as Ctrip, Agoda and Priceline, combined with a very large number of B2B suppliers. Nustay has built an exceptionally strong supply chain, where many hotels have overlaps in the supply, meaning one hotel could be delivered by 10-20 different partners.

• Cashflow

MLN: I am only allowed to repeat what is stated in the PM, that the termination will not have influence on Nustay’s cash EBITDA.

• Ebitda

• ability to sign new deals

MLN: Why should this affect our ability to sign new deals :-)? All the other companies are competing with Expedia.

1. Do you see any risk that more partners will terminate deals with you?

MLN: Nustay has added more partners in the last 3 months than we did all of last year and all new partners knows exactly how our model works and where we advertise (our marketing strategy). We cannot predict the future but nothing currently points towards any changes in our current partnership structure and we are confident in our concepts sustainability. Being truly disruptive is never easy, to exemplify, look at when Uber started and everyone thought the taxi industry leaders in the US would crush them.

1. Can you explain why you think that Expedia is not following the law in Australia but Nustay is?

MLN: See attached screenshot, from Trivago’s research team, published on their blog. Australia only allows Narrow Rate Parity, which is only between the specific hotel and the specific OTA. Not Nustay, not anyone else. One could argue that what Expedia just admitted to in this article is that they are enforcing Wide Rate Parity:

1. Can you still be competitive without Expedia as a supplier?

MLN: Yes. I believe our PM makes this quite clear:

«The termination will not have influence on Nustay’s cash EBITDA. Expedia is not an attractive hotel inventory source for Nustay.»

The new deal here:

1 Like

Time to break the monopoly and price fixing. Go Nustay!!!

1 Like

New deal with B2B wholeseller = Higher margins.

1 Like

Asked CEO some questions today.
1.How is it going with the launch on Bing hotel ads?

CEO: Unfortunately, not a lot of news here.

1. When can we expect Nustay on tripadvisor?

CEO: I am not allowed to say when specifically but it is happening very soon.

A couple of important things about Tripadvisor, and why we have prioritized going live with them now, is that they actually have, if not more, then the same amount of hotel price searches than Google Hotel Ads and they are ranking the websites featured on their platform according to the price. Meaning, the website (e.g. Nustay) with the cheapest price on a specific hotel, will be ranked in the top of the result. Tripadvisor’s ranking system is good for us, since we indeed have the lowest price in many cases.

With that being said, Google Hotel Ads is still considered our biggest marketing channel moving forward due to advanced and super cool features not available on other metasearch platforms. Also, Google have been a great support from the beginning and we truly appreciate working with them.

1. How is it going with strengthening the margins?

CEO: I’m not allowed to say but this is a top priority.

1. Any news about the complaint to EU?

CEO: Nothing yet, but the market needs to understand that we made this complaint because Expedia and Bookings are pressuring the hotels and the hotel distribution market in general, and this can affect our ability to grow. However, our relations with key hotel supply partners have strengthened.

1. Can we expect more new deals?

CEO: Absolutely!

Time to selabrate​:tada::tada::tada:

For the first time ever Nustay is one of the worlds top 100 000 sites according to Alexa.com . Nustay.com place is 99708.
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nustay.com

New Record on Alexa 97,667 place!!!

95,464 place today. Climbing fast in the world rankings!!!

94038 today!!! Climbing and climbing and new record in the US the most important market.

Det er vel like før hausse-alarmen går her

1 Like

At this point, spamming that they are above 90k spot is just spam…

A regular Norwegian Newspaper would be between 1200 and 2000 rank mark.

Hotels.com is at639spot.
Booking.com 81

Before nustay pass the 5000 mark there is no point in spamming their spot.

4 Likes

Tok en titt på plasseringen til noen andre:

Prøvde å få et liten følelse av om plass 94k egentlig er bra, og eller dårlig. Helt uten at det er i samme bransje så ser jeg Drammens Tidende er på plass 51,766. Tror kanskje ikke plass 94k er så mye å rope om jeg. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

New deal today!

Nustay is not easy to value right now but I made a try in the blog under the heading “finance and valuation” https://www.redeye.se/arena/posts/nustay-perfect-timing-with-ceo-interview

Check out ostrovoks two sites on similarweb and then compare nustay all sites. Nustay is gaining on them. :grinning:

And to the above writers. It’s not the place in its self that’s important right now but it’s the increase in popularity. Remember Nustay is very small but the are growing very fast and that you can see by the internet statistics

It seems that the moderator of this site doesn’t want me to write about the fast growth in rankings for Nustay the last week. If this is the case Evilfreud I will not write anything more on this site. You don’t seem to understand the importance of this growth. The numbers I write are deleted by the moderator.

It was clearly posted earlier that there is no point in writing that they went from 99000 to 98900. Being that far down the list doesent matter. And most people consider it spam. And we dont like spam. Most people want to read stuff that matters, not that they had a minor growth from last place to 2nd last place.

1 Like

You still don’t understand that this couple of days have been exceptional in growth and that’s why I haven’t done this before.
In January nustay was on > 200000 place. At the end of March 134000 place and now 92000. revenue in q1 was 24MDK imagine what the revenue will be in q2. Last days it has gone from 104000 to 92000 it’s exceptional growth for a small company like Nustay. If you consider it too be spam don’t reed it then.

1 Like

We appreciate the enthusiasm @Alexus. Its just that our scam&spam spidey-senses are very sensitive from years of detecting trolls :slight_smile:

The Alexa ranking for TekInvestor has dropped 80k places in the last 90 days, yet I’ve seen an increase in traffic. I’d be careful about investing based solely on Alexa stats :slight_smile:

According to http://domain.tips/alexa-rank-traffic-converter a 135k rank which Nustay had 90 days ago means they got about 6819 unique visitors per day. Now with a 92k rank, they get 6976 daily uniques, or about 4700 extra per month. Comparing with my own stats for this site, the calculator I just linked to seems to give double the actual amounts of uniques that sites actually get, so actual numbers might be even lower.

Since we are approaching summer vacations rapidly, it is perhaps not surprising that travel booking sites are seeing increased rankings? I’m seeing the same trend for many others (booking, expedia). A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say :slight_smile:

That being said, we’ve used similar tools to measure interest in other stocks, so I’ll keep an eye on this going forward.

Btw, I’m surprised that such a popular site has a grammatical error in their main headline:

How do you save between hotels? I don’t think you can say that in English. Poor translation from Danish perhaps? :slight_smile:

5 Likes