Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Ocean Sun

Mange som sikkert sitter på gjerdet her, ikke bra at det drøyer sånn med oppdatering vdr. anlegget. Og kjøpssiden og spreaden i ordreboken er ikke akkurat et vakkert syn…

1 Like

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/543166

Ocean Sun has signed a technology license agreement for a nearshore demo in Yantai, China

Ocean Sun has signed an agreement to license its proprietary floating solar technology to the developer Sunneng Technology for the construction of a 1 MWp FPV pilot in Yantai, in the Province of Shandong, China. The project is fully funded by String Capital, a Beijing based energy investment fund.

“We are pleased to enter this license agreement, which we hope will be the first of many in the Chinese market. China is today perhaps the most important market for floating solar and this first nearshore demonstration system will create the local awareness and qualification for future utility-scale installations on seawater. Further, we are pleased to have entered an agreement with internationally reputable partners supporting our interests in the country” – Says Børge Bjørneklett, CEO and founder of Ocean Sun.

“After a year of close discussions, we are ready to start the construction of our Ocean Sun pilot project. Sunneng expects this cooperation to be both long term and rewarding for the involved parties.” – Says Zhang Hui, CEO and founder of Sunneng Technology.

Ocean Sun has been present in China since 2018 and established a Chinese subsidiary in 2020. With approximately 70% of the global installed floating solar capacity to date, China is by far the world’s largest market for floating solar. There are several utility-scale deployments in the country already, so far on benign waters such as lakes, irrigation dams and on flooded quarries and mines. In addition, China has a strong drive to replace fossil energy production and the regulatory process is quick and effective. This makes China one of Ocean Sun’s most important markets going forward.

The project will be located a few hundred meters from shore close to the city of Yantai, and construction is planned to begin later this year. The local conditions are well suited for the Ocean Sun solution, with sea conditions comparable with that of Norway. With support from the Yantai Economic and Technological Development Zone, there will be substantial potential for utility-scale projects in the future.

About String Capital:

Established in 2015, String Capital is a Beijing based renewable energy investment fund focused on wind and photovoltaic projects in China and abroad. Since 2018, String Capital has completed more than 1 GW of renewable investments.

About Sunneng:

Sunneng Technology is a Beijing based renewable energy developer. Lead by Zhang Hui, the company has successfully developed several GW of wind and solar power in China.

About Ocean Sun:

By combining the Norwegian maritime expertise and knowledge within photovoltaics, Ocean Sun has developed an innovation that offers a bold solution to our global energy needs. The patented technology is based on solar modules mounted on hydro-elastic membranes and offers cost and performance benefits not seen in any other floating PV system today. With offices in Oslo, Singapore and Shanghai, Ocean Sun is embarking on its vision to be the world’s leading technology provider of floating solar.

Tilbake til start her da, er det kommet noen oppdatering vdr. den havarerte solparken? Og er det noe fare for emisjon i nærmeste fremtid?

Side 4

1 Like

Following the incident, Ocean Sun has conducted a thorough root cause analysis to conclude on the reason for the failure. The analysis points towards the weather conditions as the main cause, with wind speeds above the design criteria applied for the solution installed. Based on lessons learnt and 2 years operational experience in an even harsher environment at Magat dam, Ocean Sun is convinced that the faults identified can be adjusted and avoided in the future. The planned design modifications
and new operational practices will only have minor additional costs. To verify the revised weather data and design, Ocean Sun has engaged an expert meteorologist and naval architects from well reputed third-party institutions for final review of all aspects of the installation.

De søker også etter naval architect nå. Tenker det er bra

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/546486

God it’s hard to be a OSUN shareholder… Very little news and updates, even through their Q4 presentation, there isn’t much to take from it apart from being patient…
But right now I have to say that I feel like this shit is dead, gonna sit long and hope for some news soon. What do you guys think?

It is very tiring, but since they are involved in many projects, I think the stock will come back. Fingers crossed for no more trouble ref situation in Albania. The product and patent they have look fantastic and the market is enormous.

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/554426

1 Like

Ocean sun has a fantastic concept that would be valued otherwise if Bjørneklett stepped down to be CTO and left the CEO role to someone with a better understanding of the market. Other than that there is high potential for future large projects. Three clients evaluating large scale roll-out but need to do full size prototype testing first.

I think the CEO was arrogant in his dismissal of the concerned questions regarding the failed unit in Albania. It would be better appreciated if he had better explained what went wrong and not only if the basic problem had been solved but if extra safety features had been added. I think maybe cheap security cameras and some extra inflatable flotation gear in case of emergency should be evaluated. When troubleshooting the first failure they were completely in the dark it seems.

1 Like

He couldn’t say anything because Statkraft was in the lead and had to approve all communication. Took some time before they had control and then information about the new set up.

Ocean Sun and Sunseap to construct milestone near shore floating solar system in Singapore Strait

Ocean Sun and Sunseap have signed an agreement for a 1.2 MWp floating PV project to be deployed near an island to the south of Singapore. The project is a full-scale demonstrator comprising of two Ocean Sun systems that will pave the way for utility scale developments in Singapore and Southeast Asia. The system will be the largest floating solar system in the Singapore Strait and construction is scheduled during Q3’22.

“This project is another significant milestone for Sunseap as we continue to explore alternative methods to deploy solar PV systems in land scarce Singapore. Floating PV systems have the potential to generate more solar energy compared to traditional rooftop and ground-mounted solar PV systems.” – Says Frank Phuan, Business CEO and Co-Founder of Sunseap Group. He adds: “Ocean Sun’s innovative floating PV system is highly efficient, robust and can be easily installed, and we look forward to collaborating on other projects in future.”

“High cost of land makes floating solar a very attractive solution for Singapore to increase renewable energy production. We are therefore very pleased for the opportunity to further demonstrate our technology’s advantages in the region and to strengthen our relationship with one of the most ambitious renewable energy developers in Singapore and Southeast Asia.” – Says Børge Bjørneklett, CEO and founder of Ocean Sun.

2 Likes

Var vist anlegget i Banja reservoir in Albania i drift igjen, får håpe det blir tatt godt imot

Tydeligvis hvert det siden 1. april (de turte vel ikke send melding om det da i frykt for at alle skulle tro det en aprilspøk)

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/558744

2 Likes
1 Like

Blir det vist litt mer fremgang i Albania

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/566497

3 Likes

Enda en nyhet

https://newsweb.oslobors.no/message/566557

4 Likes