Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

PCI Biotech - Småprat (PCIB)

Overgangen fra “in vitro” til “in vivo” er et vesentlig framskritt i alt preklinisk arbeid og slett ingen selvfølge.

I lys av at fimaVACC - vel å merke i en annen medisinsk setting - tidligere har lyktes både i"in vivo"-fasen, og ikke minst i klinisk fase 1, er det slik jeg ser det, god grunn til optimisme når det gjelder den videre utviklingen av Immunocums tumoruavhengige antigenkonsept.

43 Likes

Can’t find any information about who is financing the next step. Would be good to know if this will increase the cash burn rate for PCIB or not and ball park figures for the increase if financed by PCIB. Question for next Q?

1 Like

That’s exactly why they have good academic partners with access to public grants!

3 Likes

Det er nok ikke en spesielt stor kostnad tilknyttet dette.

2 Likes

good PR

Immunicum and PCI Biotech extend their collaboration - Nordic Life Science – the leading Nordic life science news service

13 Likes

Markedet reagerer med å sende PCIB enda lengre ned i gjørma, selv om dette viser ekstern tro på PCI-teknologien.

Det jobbes nok mye med synergier i kreftvaksinasjonsbehandlinger i Leiden (eTheRNA og Immunicum er begge representert der)

Svenske Immunicum AB kjøpte alle aksjene i DCPrime (tidligere samarbeidspartner) i 2020.

Disse har plassert seg som Plus Ultra Leiden i Leiden Bio Science Park. Sjoerd van der Burg kommer fra Leiden forskningsmiljøet, som også analyserte fimaVacc fase 1. Dette er en innovasjonspark i Nederland, bestående av 150 Life Sciences & Health (LSH) selskaper.

Du kan lese mer om Leiden Bio Science Park her:

10 Likes

Må innrømme at mitt førsteinntrykk når jeg leste nyheten var ikke spesielt positivt, mer nøytralt - skuldertrekk. Hyggelig at samarbeide fortsetter, men hvorfor flyttes videre fremdrift over til PCIB ? Mine onde tanker i hode sier at de ikke var så veldig interresert i å fortsette å se mer på dette. Er det PCIB som skal innlisensiere fra Immunicum og ta dette til markedet ?

Disclaimer, bare skummet nyheten og ikke satt meg skikkelig inn i dette enda.

@yrune

I have asked Ronny last year about this and today’s message is inline with what he answered me at the time of signing the agreement -:

Question: Whether or not these collaborations follow the same “opportunistic” approach the company communicated for earlier collaboration?, or PCI BIOTECH will jointly bear the cost for those new collaborations with the new partners? this is especially for DCPrime where it reads in the press release: "The partnership is governed by a research collaboration agreement, under which the collaborators will perform an extensive evaluation of technology compatibility and synergy based on preclinical studies"

Answer: The collaboration with DCprime is quite extensive and spans both fima Vacc and fima NAc . It is more of a shared research programme, although the bulk of the work is done by DCprime, at least initially

17 Likes

Following the encouraging results of the first set of in vitro experiments, during which the delivery protocol of the combination treatment has been optimized, the companies have decided to move ahead to evaluate the novel therapeutic concept in animal models. While the first experiments were conducted by Immunicum, this further in vivo evaluation will be carried out by PCI Biotech.

Commenting on the announcement PCI Biotech’s CEO, Per Walday said: “The results of the initial collaborative experiments are encouraging, supporting the immune response enhancing capability of the fimaVacc platform technology. We are committed to this collaboration and are looking forward to the next series of experiments in animal models, which are aimed to generate data that could pave the way to a potential joint development program.

Erik Manting, CEO of Immunicum added: At Immunicum, we are continuously studying novel immunotherapy concepts aimed to address hard-to-treat established tumors and to overcome the limitations of currently available cancer therapies. In this collaboration, we are combining our know-how and technology basis with that of PCI Biotech to design potential novel therapeutic concepts and we look forward to advancing the collaboration through in vivo studies as an important next step.”

1 Like

Jeg vil tro at det mer er et spørsmål om at Pcib har større/enklere tilgang til de nødvendige ressurser (forskningspersonell) til at utfører forsøk med dyr.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. For me, that makes todays message much more positive.

9 Likes

I løpet av et par uker vil vi vite mer sikkert om Omicron jevnt over gir mildt sykdomsforløp, som vil være det beste som kan skje, og mye tyder på at det er veien det går.

Anser dette som godt nytt for kliniske forsøk som har blitt bremset av overfylte sykehus og selvfølgelig godt nytt for PCIB som nå kan få Release on track igjen i 2022.

En morsom sak er at innsidere i Moderna lemper ut aksjer for tiden. Tror de skjønner at Covid eventyret deres kan ende brått.

Også er medisinen til Pfizer og Merck rett rundt hjørnet som kan ta de få som ender opp på sykehuset.

Godt nytt for PCIB (og andre Biotech’s). Tror historien vil vise at PCIB på 13 tallet var et sjeldent godt kjøp!

22 Likes

For de som er interessert:

Vaccine‐Based Immunotherapy for Head and Neck Cancers

Belgia

Received: 9 November 2021 Accepted: 28 November 2021 Published: 30 November 2021

Another area of emerging research aims to increase the immunogenicity of therapeutic vaccines. One technique under investigation is photochemical internalization (PCI). This technique uses the concomitant administration of a vaccine and a photosensitizer.

The photosensitizer, once illuminated, lyses the membrane of endosomal vesicles by se‐ creting very locally reactive oxygen species and releasing the contents into the cell’s cytosol (such as a DNA, RNA, or peptide vaccine). In in vitro experiments, the concomitant use of PCI with a short peptide increases the number of MHC I‐peptide complexes on the surface of DCs. In addition, stimulation of CD8+ antigen‐specific T cell proliferation was 30‐ to 100‐fold more effective with the concomitant use of PCI and the peptide vaccine versus the peptide alone. Furthermore, the authors demonstrated the presence of a strong increase (greater than 10‐fold increase in the median percentage) in HPV‐directed CTLs in mice vaccinated with PCI and the HPV16 E7 peptide compared to mice vaccinated with the HPV16 E7 peptide alone [116]. In a first phase I study (NCT02947854) [117], the fima‐ Vacc vaccine, combining PCI therapy, a TLR agonist, and an HPV16 E7 peptide, was well tolerated in healthy participants. ELISpot and flow cytometry demonstrated the presence of CD4+‐ and CD8+‐specific HPV T cells following vaccination.

Link: https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/cancers/cancers-13-06041/article_deploy/cancers-13-06041.pdf

36 Likes

@lenny lukter det en deal før nyttår som innbefatter midler til PCI Biotech?

Synes både Olix Pharmaceuticals samarbeidet og Asia partner virker sannsynlig for nyheter i en eller annen form?

Nu ventes vel snarlig tilbakemelding fra IDCM

• IDMC safety review of two treatments expected 2H 2021

Håper den viser gode resultater og ok slik at det kan sjekkes av denne milepæl og dermed redusere risiko i RELEASE!

Er klar over soon vitser og at markedet kun ser ut til å forvente ingen nyheter og gjerne kun negative nyheter for selskapet. Prisingen viser liten optimisme. Fair det, håper markedet tar skikkelig feil :pray::bomb:

5 Likes

Igjen, greit å påpeke at teksten som er gjengitt og studiet det refereres til er fra hhv 2018 og 2019.

1 Like

En Tanke…
Pcib forsterker leveringen av MRNA med ca 50ganger…
Kan vi i prinsippet si at vi kan gjøre 1milliard covid doser om til 50 milliarder ,med samme virkning.
Med Pcib på laget???:star_struck:

4 Likes

Er ikke det veldig kverulering? Det er sitert og vedlegg.Lenny referer til ny publikasjon som gjennomgår studier og PCIB sin teknologi. Nylig publisert og minst like interessant! Sier vel egentlig hvor god studien til PCIB var. Kanskje synd de ikke kjempet mot BP (men det koster tid og penger). Og lite visste de at BP kanskje skulle få svake data?

Vaccine‐Based Immunotherapy for Head and Neck Cancers

Another area of emerging research aims to increase the immunogenicity of therapeutic vaccines. One technique under investigation is photochemical internalization (PCI) . This technique uses the concomitant administration of a vaccine and a photosensitizer.

Citation: Beyaert, S.; Machiels, J.‐P.; Schmitz, S. Vaccine‐Based Immunotherapy for Head and Neck Cancers. Cancers 2021, 13, 6041. https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers 13236041
Academic Editor: David Wong
Received: 9 November 2021
**Accepted: 28 November 2021 **
Published: 30 November 2021

5 Likes

Har ikke per sagt at H/N studiet kan bli gjennoptatt ,men ikke nødvendigvis med samme platform??

7 Likes

Ev i kombination med chekpoint-hämmare.

7 Likes

Flere og flere signaler. Vi må bare kommer oss gjennom noen dager med dommedagsoverskrifter i utvalgte ubrukelige aviser først.

11 Likes