Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

X / Twitter (TWTR)

Jeg synes Twitter(NYSE:TWTR) virker ganske grei nå for inngang. Kjøpte for 80k nå i dag på 16,8.

1 Like

Kan ikke skjønne hvordan Twitter skal klare å produsere inntekter på bunnlinja? De har økende utgifter og marginalt økte inntekter. I tillegg har de aldri klart å nå ut til massene. Det er vel stort gjennom tweets lenket i mediene, menigmann har noe forhold til Twitter?

1 Like

Det kan du si. De har jo åpne sider som folk følger med på så de må vel kanskje få på plass reklame tilknyttet dette på en bedre måte enn til nå. De har mange “eyeballs” og lite brukere slik som Google og Google får det jo ihvertfall til så muligheten er der, men Twitter vegrer seg for å trå feil.

Jeg føler uansett at Twitter nå er blitt en såpass etablert plattform for nyheter og muligheten til å følge viktige emner/personer derfor tror jeg at denne aksjen vil stige mot sommeren uansett. Det er også muligheter for at twitter kan bli kjøpt opp da andre aktører kan se potensialet til å få alle disse besøkende tilknyttet en annen tjeneste i stedet for bruk av reklame.

Twitter er et selskap jeg veldig gjerne vil at skal lykkes, men som jeg er skeptisk til. Har vurdert inngang lenge, men foreløpig valgt å avstå fra å putte penger i selskapet. En rekke feilede produktlanseringer, svak inntjening på brukermassen og et ledelseskaos som har vart i mange år har gjort meg negativ. Det er helt sykt at Twitter deler CEO med Square…

Samtidig har de sterke tall på aktivitet (engagement) som er helt essensielt, og oppkjøp tror jeg alltid vil være aktuelt. Hvis de klarer å komme opp med en måte å tjene penger på brukerene og de får en CEO på fulltid er jeg klar til å gå inn.

CEO Jack Dorsey kjøpte forresten nettopp aksjer for sju millioner dollar.

1 Like

Har tittet på twitter noen dager selv. Virker som et bra nivå å kjøpe på

Buy Twitter

David Gardner January 25, 2017 Buy Recommendation , Recommendation!

This is the second time we’ve recommended Twitter! When we re-recommend a stock, it’s a sign of extra confidence in a company we already know well. While we don’t advocate buying too much of any stock, we think you should give this one a longer look as you build a well-diversified portfolio of 15 or more stocks to own for at least three to five years.

I’ve often said that when it comes to investing, I like to add to my winners. Great companies tend to be rewarded by shareholders, which can make buying into a rising stock very rewarding over the long term — even if the initial price seems high. But I will admit up front, that’s not the approach I’m following with this month’s rerecommendation. Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) has been a dog on our scorecard, down 70% since December 2013 even as the S&P 500 has risen over 30% in the same period. It’s not quite the same company I first recommended.

Yet that’s exactly why I’m singling it out again. Wall Street continues to beat up on Twitter for what it isn’t, ignoring both what it is and what it is becoming. And therein lies a chance for today’s investors to get a piece of a great company at a very depressed price. To put it in 140 characters: I believe Twitter can squeeze more cash flow from its existing user base, grow that base over time, and monetize its many passive consumers.
What It Isn’t, What It Is

So what isn’t Twitter? It’s probably not going to become a global social communications platform in the sense its founders once hoped for. The monthly active user count has been hovering around 300 million for two-plus years now. Despite a number of efforts to bolster this figure and please Wall Street, its growth has slowed to a crawl, with all the progress coming from outside the U.S. It seems not every one of us is destined to fire off daily Tweets.

Of course, to say that a medium has slowed after achieving an active user base approximating the population of the United States doesn’t sound too damning. That’s certainly a critical mass, and it leaves the remaining billions who may not regularly log into a Twitter account still able to consume messages.

And consume we do. We regularly turn to Twitter for rapid-fire reactions to breaking news, conversations with communities, insights on areas of special interest, and the thoughts (or meltdowns) of celebrities … not to mention the gentle missives of our new president. The company says that in addition to its active users, over 500 million people a month visit Twitter while logged out, but are still potential targets for advertising . And Twitter makes billions of impressions every year through Tweets reposted to other media, reinforcing the brand.
Finally Turning the Corner

The return of Jack Dorsey as CEO in October 2015 raised hopes of a turnaround that hasn’t emerged yet, at least if you go by the stock price. Indeed, shares are down nearly 40% since he reclaimed the top spot at the company he co-founded. Yet he’s overseen a number of important changes that I believe are setting the company up for long-term success.

Perhaps the most visible is the addition of streaming media. The acquisition of Periscope in March 2015 gave Twitter far more power as a multimedia platform, with users now able to instantly share text, photos, and video of events as they happen. But this is a part of a larger strategy to “own live” — whether it’s breaking news, trending conversations, or even a football game.

That last take on live streaming is, admittedly, pretty new. Under a deal with the NFL struck this past summer, Twitter started live-streaming certain Thursday night games, with an app that brought free viewing to Apple TV, Amazon.com’s (NASDAQ: AMZN) Fire TV, and Xbox. Viewership was far higher than the company expected, with an average 243,000 viewers watching the first game at any given time , and it grew steadily from there. Going forward, the company plans to focus on live news, entertainment, and politics, and it has signed over a dozen live-streaming partnerships. As my colleague Tim Beyers recently put it, “Twitter could become to live event streaming what Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has been to on-demand streaming.”

One important aspect of this strategy is that it lets the company reach an audience that may not otherwise be using Twitter much … or at all. Some will come for the game and stay for the conversation, ultimately embracing the platform. Others will remain passive consumers. Either way, Twitter can serve them ads. In a further push to reach people who want to consume Twitter content but not create it, the company has also introduced Moments — curated stories about unfolding events. It has also starting experimenting with ads served to non-users who click links to tweets in Google search.
Time to Experiment

Management have talked about their strategy for growth, and a big part of it is making improvements to the core platform in order to attract more users. It’s true that that in order to grow long-term, the company needs to either increase active users, monetize passive consumers, or hopefully both. But the company is hardly facing an existential threat as it moves forward with these strategies.

Twitter still reports quarterly losses, thanks mostly to the impact of non-cash stock-based compensation expenses. But in the past year, it has produced $415 million in free cash flow and has seen its net cash position reach $2 billion. Factor out cash and debt, and the company is trading at a free-cash-flow yield around 4.1% — not too shabby even if growth remains slow.

But in fact, revenue has climbed at a compound annual rate of 68% over the past three years. Certainly, that pace is slowing — the top line is expected to climb around 15% for all of 2016 — but the company has been able to sell more ads and better monetize its existing active users.

On top of this, it has been widely rumored that Twitter has been shopping around for a buyer. If that does happen, it will presumably bring a premium to today’s investors. The most likely candidates — Facebook (NASDAQ: FB), Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), and especially Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL) — haven’t bitten yet, although Google did just acquire Twitter’s mobile developer platform, Fabric. But the value of Twitter’s loyal user base remains an attractive asset, and a near-term deal could still emerge.
Risks and When We’d Sell

Not everyone agrees that Twitter can succeed on its current trajectory. Recent articles in Time and Fortune, among other places, have questioned the company’s very survival. An #RIPTwitter hashtag even trended on Twitter itself. The worries are varied — the ascendance of Snapchat as a more popular social medium, the threats and abuse that the company has sometimes been slow to stop, the decline of U.S. users, executive turnover, and more. If the company can’t attract more users, revenue growth will inevitably slow. And if advertisers decide the platform is no longer vibrant, things could get difficult quickly. We think the company has plenty of breathing room and a fiercely loyal base, but if users start declining rather than growing, we’ll tweet our goodbyes.
The Foolish Bottom Line

Twitter may be “small” compared to social media giants like Facebook, Instagram, and even Snapchat, but it wields an outsized influence. The platform that gave birth to both the Black Lives Matter movement and President Donald Trump’s candidacy has proven its power to turn real-time conversation into action. That’s a profound value that investors are all but ignoring. Luckily, Twitter is producing a lot of cash, leaving it plenty of breathing room as it pursues new growth strategies. Whether Twitter succeeds on its own or under the wing of an acquirer, we think its timeline has just begun.

Karl Thiel contributed to this report.

2 Likes

Short kandidat?

Jeg forstår liksom ikke helt hvordan hele kjøpet kan være opp og avgjort på en kveld?

Bra uttelling for de som kjøpte i mars da

Freedom of speech piggen. And “the Donald” might be onboard again soon.
44 milliarder $ for grunnleggerene av en ytringskanal. Only in America!
What’s not to understand.

Etter at Elon Musk tok over bedriften og sa opp en hel haug med folk, er det mange som sier Twitter ikke vil fungere om kort tid.

Har det klikka for Elon eller har han en hemmelig plan? Tror selv på førstnevnte :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Elon kjører jo standard VC overtagelse, kutt kostnader.

Samtidig er det 110% sikkert at de har snakket med 5-10% av nøkkelpersonell, gitt dem bonuser og sørget for at de er med videre.

Så har de launchet twitter 2.0 og fått alle idiotene til å si opp frivillig.

2 Likes

Er ikke uenig i det han prøver å gjøre, det er mer måten han gjør det på jeg (og sikkert de ansatte) reagerer på. Han hintet jo også om at selskapet kunne være konk neste år, hva er greia med det liksom? Vet han liker å trolle, men det går på bekostning av aksjonærene hans :slight_smile:

Er han ikke eneeier av Twitter?

Slår meg at han nå sitter igjen med et kompetent dyktig hardcore kode team som slipper å forholde seg til latte drikkende diversity hires.

3 Likes

Helt tydelig at Twitter har vært drevet av woke bølgen og ansatt folk som er politisk korrekt å ansette meeen som gjerne ikke er det selskapet trenger.

Ok enda en.

Gjett hvem som er tilbake på Twitter? Si hva du vil om politikken hans, men Twitter var en viktig del av presidentskapet og han satte sitt preg på twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Faktisk rimelig imponerende.

1 Like
1 Like