Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

PCI Biotech Småprat (PCIB)

Det kommer når det kommer. Ikke mulig for PW å forutsi hvor lang tid det tar å inkludere pasienter og om de faller fra underveis. Offisiell guiding av safety og oppstart er 2H18, så alt annet blir spekulasjon. Mange som håpet på safety skulle vært klart i våres, men det endrer jo ikke på det fundamentale.
Bare å klamre seg fast, så kommer nyhetene :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

If we assume that AstraZeneca is our top 10 big pharma within FimaNAc collaboration, then the following might be of interest.

First look at page 24 from Pci Biotech June 2018 presentation. The page has a table with the Nucleic acids successfully delivered by fimaNAC, pay particular attention to the last nucleic acid AAV vector

on 10/07/2018 AstraZeneca and 4D MOLECULAR THERAPEUTICS announced the following:

https://www.4dmoleculartherapeutics.com/medimmune-and-4d-molecular-therapeutics-collaborate-to-design-develop-and-commercialize-aav-gene-therapy-for-chronic-lung-disease/

if we read the message carefully,

“The collaboration will leverage 4DMT’s expertise in vector discovery and engineering, optimization and process development. MedImmune will conduct product development beginning from early clinical stages, drawing on the company’s extensive expertise in respiratory science.”

it seems this will start in clinical stages, meaning pre-clinical collaboration is over, is it coincidence that our FimaNAc collaboration was extended a month earlier?. is it easy to assume that we are in collabaoration with AstraZeneca where FimaNAc will be the mean of delivery for the AAV nucleic Acid? May be ! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Tnx StockDZ ure really a Expert digger :+1: i like the Theory that AstraZeneca is the one top10 BP in collaboration with PCIB. And i agree that the next step here is naturally clinical trials, with in mind the lenght of the ongoing collaboration.

AZ may alsow be partnering up with us in the FimaChem PF2 trial :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hope so!
Tnx again for shareing interresting stuff😘

4 Likes

Thanks Jaxi, if you like the AZ theory I recommend you to read this thread:

5 Likes

Hi again :slight_smile:

I found this document that i wants to share with you, this is an investor friendly guide to investing in gene therapy from October 2017, one can only be impressed by the Potential and added value of our FimaNAc program:
Link http://www.fullertreacymoney.com/system/data/files/PDFs/2017/October/12th/rj%20on%20genetics.pdf

PAGE 3:
Talks about market potential for Gene Therapy, it is huge!!
“By our count, there are at least 33 public and 27 private companies developing gene therapy products either by themselves or through partnerships (Exhibits 2 and 3). Collectively, these players are working on one-time solutions for at least 59 diseases, addressing $100+ billion market opportunities, according to our estimates. Given the number of players, the compelling clinical results achieved to date, and the partnerships/deals done in the space, we believe gene therapy is poised to become the next-wave therapeutic category. If we are correct, the current setup of this space is very similar to that seen in the CAR T space, where we just witnessed one of the largest acquisitions of a pre-commercial company (Gilead’s acquisition of Kite for $12 billion) ever”

PAGE 4:
Talks about Gene Therapy Valuation, impressive rate of development
“Arguably, the entire gene therapy space has taken off like a rocket, with the total market capitalization of the companies in our gene therapy index growing from $9.7 billion as of January 1, 2017, to $20.3 billion as of October 6, 2017. Specifically, the gene therapy group generated an average return of approximately 90% year-to-date, outperforming both the NBI (28%) and the S&P500 (14%) (Exhibit 27). Sangamo Therapeutics achieved the highest return of 423%, while Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) was the worst performer so far”

PAGE 21:
Talks about AAV vector as a delivery vehicle that we discussed in this thread earlier:
“AAV vectors are one of the most favorable delivery vehicles for gene therapy largely due to two reasons: 1) the AAV genome contains no expressed genes; therefore, induction of host immunity against the vector is less problematic as compared to adenoviral vectors, except for induction of antibodies that are directed against the AAV capsid (as it flows through the blood stream); and 2) the genomic integration of recombinant AAV vectors occurs at a very low background frequency (0.1 - 0.5%), therefore minimizing the insertional mutagenesis risk with no reported genotoxicity to date"

PAGE 9:
The table shows explicitly that most of the top 10 Big Pharma are using the AAV delivery vehicle for their clinical programs including Pfizer, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb Sanofi …etc and of course we can add to them Astra Zeneca with their latest clinical collaboration with 4D Molecular Therapeutics that we discussed earlier.

My conclusion:
With FimaNAc we are not just sitting on Gold (may be on Rhodium :blush:). Based on PCI presentation FimaNAc can SUCESSFULLY deliver AAV vector delivery vehicle, which is the most popular for gene therapy’s on-going clinical programs. I believe with Pci Biotech strategy to out-license FimaNAc on SEMI-NON exclusive basis gives us the chance to work and collaborate with more and more companies out their including MANY of the top 10 big pharma. The potential for this is HUGE that I can not see where it ends.
Just imagine that FimaNAc would be the KEY for gene therapy efficient delivery where gene therapy business potential is worth 100 billion USD.

14 Likes

I forbindelse med NAC, så er det greit å trekke frem en tråd fra tidligere angående Artic sin analyse i Hegnar. Snøffelen/Snoeffelen kommenterer angående verdivurdering av NAC. Nå er det bare å vente på første avtale, så kan verdien beregnes bedre og kursmålet på 78,- evt kan oppjusteres.
Ser forresten at 4D Molecular Therapeutics samarbeider med andre BP også, så de har lykkes med LCM.

"16.02.2018 kl 19:03
Synes det som sies om fimaNAC viser hvor forsiktig analysen er:

“Since there is very little
information available on progress and results, and the company has limited control on research
efforts at partners, we do not include the fimaNAc program in our model and rather view it as
potential for commercial upside.”

Jeg er ikke i tvil om at omfanget i samarbeidet på fimaNAC, og hvor lang tid partnerne har brukt ressurser på fimaNAC viser at det er betydelig verdi i fimaNAC, og særlig stor tro har jeg på BioNTech-samarbeidet."

7 Likes

Lavt volum i sommervarmen, men tar det med likevel. Teknisk godvær - “Siste 20 dagers glidende gjennomsnitt (49,85) ligger over siste 50 dagers glidende gjennomsnitt (49,67). Dette er teoretisk sett et positivt tegn.” En stund siden vi var der sist :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Uten at tvilen har plaga meg synderlig, tok jeg idag kontakt med Oslo Børs for å få full klarhet i hva børsens krav om likviditet innebærer når det gjelder notering på hovedlista.

Svaret var krystallklart: For å bli notert på hovedlista skal selskapet godtgjøre at det har likviditet til drift de neste 12 månedene inkl. planlagte aktiviteter. Det holder med andre ord ikke å kunne dokumentere at en har kasse til ett års husleie, lønn til faste stillinger osv. Planlagte aktiviteter skal også tas med.

Så da vet vi det med to streker under. Det betyr at Walday/Skuggedal for to måneder siden har overbevist Oslo Børs om at finansiering av pivotal fase i gallegangsstudien er på plass. Om det betyr utlisensiering (partneravtale), retta emisjon (jf. styrets fullmakt fra siste generalforsamling) eller en eller annen kombinasjon, får vi snart vite.

22 Likes

Fin jobb abacus
Jeg er også av den opfattelsen at finansieringen er på plass. PW har faktisk “bekreftet” dette et par ganger. Han sa bla. at finansieringen var på plass når studieopsettet ble opplyst.

Jeg tror også at det er to mulige finansiering. Partneravtale eller rettet emisjon mot speciale investor/ fond.

Tror også vi snart begynder å få svar på en del av disse ting.

5 Likes

Walday har vel strengt tatt sagt at informasjon om hvordan det skal finansieres kommer sammen med pivo?

1 Like

Det er slik jeg husker det også. Han sa ikke at ting var på plass, han sa det vil være på plass når studieoppsettet kommer fordi dette er to sider av samme sak. De må vite hvordan det finansieres for å planlegge studieoppsettet var vel stort sett det han sa.

De sikter seg inn på FPD nå i 2H sant? Finansiering, avlesning og oppsett er enda ikke klart. Syns ikke det tyder på at de får FPD dette året?

1 Like

“De må vite hvordan det finansieres for å planlegge studieoppsettet var vel stort sett det han sa.”

Det er nærmest motsatt.

Studieoppsettet vil være bestemt av de drøftingene som har skjedd med EMA og FDA, av innspill fra Key Opinion Leaders og selskapets eget vitenskapelige råd - og generelt på grunnlag av de strengeste krav til medisinsk og statistisk dokumentasjon.

Her er det noen som ikke har forstått hva ledelsen har sagt.

2 Likes

Korrekt, jeg husket dette feil. Det han sa var at informasjon om hvordan det skal finansieres vil komme samtidig, ikke at det ville være på plass på det tidspunktet. Fordi størrelsen på finansieringsbehovet er avhengig av studieoppsettet.

1 Like

De venter nok bare på safety resultatene for gjentakende behandlig og så bryter de 7 måneders stillhet med en bråte med mega nyheter :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Noe sånt, ja. Den dagen sikkerhetsresultatet fra de seks første evaluerbare pasientene foreligger, tror jeg vi kan få “hele pakken” i én melding.

De som ikke har trua på at dette blir bra, bør nå skynde seg med å bli kvitt aksjene sine. Og de som har trua bør sitte tungt på hendene (med mindre de har ledige midler til å plusse på).

1 Like

Uansett hvordan vi leser PW sine kommentarer rundt finansiering, er det en viktig fellesnevner : Det angis ingen tvil om at finansiering vil gå i orden. Skulle det blitt en vanlig emisjon, kunne han neppe uttalt seg på samme måte.

1 Like

De kan også få dekket deler av finansieringen med EU midler eller ved eventuelle tilskuddsordninger. Ville vært en bonus om Anders Høgseth kunne trylle frem noe sånt selv om jeg absolutt ikke forventer at det skulle skje.

Interessant at de må ha finansieringen klar for neste 12 månedene allerede. Nå skal det sies at selv om studien vil koste et par hundre millioner, så vil den kostnaden være over tid. Derfor er det ikke sikkert at det ville kreve så mye kapital for å kunne få godkjenning på dette punktet. Det vil derimot virke som de antakeligvis ville trenge noe mer enn dagens kontantbeholdning uten at jeg skal si det for sikkert.

PW har sagt at finansiering vil bli lagt frem samtidig som planen for studien blir lagt frem. Det tyder etter min mening ihvertfall på at de har en klar plan på hvordan dette skal gjøres.

This was brought up in the QA session in Q1 presentation and PW asked Ronny to answer (time 00:33)

http://webtv.hegnar.no/presentation.php?webcastId=84032843

Transcript

Question: in connection with listing of the shares in oslo stock exchange, I believe one of the requirements that you had to meet was making it obvious that you could finance the company for a minimum of 12 months, now as part of meeting that criteria, which assumptions did you include in the application to the Oslo stock exchange regarding the pivotal phase 2 and the execution and financing of that.

PW: Do you wanna to answer that question Ronny, this is really your area

Ronny: Yes ahh back to you question, as we have said in both the annual report and previous periods (he pulled slide 16 of Q1 presentation on the screen) we have not financed the pivotal study but we have cash to do the preparation for the pivotal study and the annual report was settled in mid March on the assumption for the ongoing concern, so I don’t see any issue with your question

***My interpretation:
I personally did not understand what he meant in the first place, however:
By referring to the annual report that was settled in March ( http://pcibiotech.no/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2017-PCI-Biotech-Annual-report.pdf) I can read the following under financial statement (Page 44):

Liquidity risk:
One of the most important objectives of PCI Biotech’s finance policy is to ensure that the group has financial freedom to act in the short and long-term in order to attain strategic and operational goals. PCI Biotech shall have sufficient funds to cover expected capital requirements during the forthcoming 12 month period in addition to a strategic reserve. Cash flow in research and development depends mainly on the activity level of the clinical programmes and the activity levels are adjustable without substantial long term commitments. The finance department monitors the cash flows in a short- and long term perspective. PCI Biotech’s most important source of finance are future royalty and milestones associated with licence agreements, government grants and the capital market. The capital market is used as a source of liquidity when this is appropriate and the conditions in these markets are competitive. The finance department continually evaluate other sources of financing. PCI Biotech does not have any debt agreements with key business ratio requirements (covenants).

***My conclusion:
This is covered in the company’s finance policy even before listing on OSE, and I have checked all annual reports from 2008 up to 2017 and all of them have this statement “PCI Biotech shall have sufficient funds to cover expected capital requirements during the forthcoming 12-months period in addition to a strategic reserve”
Therefore, they will have to do what it takes to have the liquidity available so I don’t worry about it too much :grinning:

7 Likes

Vil anta at det er to alternativer her. Enten blir det en partneravtale, eller så har PCIB blitt kontaktet av en større ekstern investor som har ønsket å komme seg inn i selskapet, og vil gjøre det ved å finansiere neste fase. Alt blir jo bare spekulasjoner men ser ikke at finansieringen vil bli gjort på samme måte som forrige gang ved å utstede tegningsretter til aksjonærene. Uansett er det utrolig spennende tider å eie aksjer i PCIB. Har kjøpt noen flere aksjer i dag, og lurer på om jeg skal laste litt til. Har stor tro på PCIB fremover og håper investeringen jeg har gjort blir bra. Det er i alle tilfeller mye oppside om ting går veien.

2 Likes