Diskusjon Triggere Porteføljer Aksjonærlister

Verdensrommet: Teleskop, UAP og småprat

Denne kom to dager før Grusch sitt vitnemål ble kjent.

Hvem er Christopher Mellon?

Christopher Karl Mellon (born October 2, 1957),is the former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations and later for Security and Information Operations. He formerly served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

På norsk betyr dette at han har vært en av ekstremt få med need-to-know og innsyn i Special Access Programmer. Dette er hva han kan fortelle (mine uthevninger)

Since 2017, my life has been dominated by efforts to help Congress and the public discover the truth about unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), what many still refer to as UFOs. I’ve lost count of the number of cities visited, meetings attended, books read, articles written, media appearances and hours spent on the phone. At the outset, my goal was simply to help our government overcome a glaring intelligence failure. UAP were routinely violating restricted U.S. airspace but these encounters, documented on cockpit videos, weren’t being reported up the military chain of command because of the stigma surrounding this issue. It wasn’t clear if these bizarre craft were Russian, Chinese, extraterrestrial or some combination of the above, but it seemed unacceptable and outrageous that no effort was being made by the intelligence community to alert policymakers or undertake an investigation.

Working closely with former Pentagon official Lue Elizondo and later a group of U.S. Navy aviators, we quickly captured the attention of Congress. We managed to convince them the phenomena were real and America needed to take action to determine the capabilities of these craft and the identity and intentions of their operators. To my surprise and delight, in 2020 the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) adopted my proposal to seek an official report on UAP from the intelligence community. The resulting “Preliminary Assessment” arrived in June of 2021. Although it was wildly incomplete, it did identify 144 military UAP encounters since 2004, a figure which has since jumped to over 800 military UAP reports by early 2023. Spurred by growing evidence of the problem, Congress took additional steps, establishing the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO).

But despite breakthroughs in government transparency about these sightings, there’s one thing the Pentagon and the intelligence community have so far not addressed, and that is whether they have had any direct contact with these objects. There are persistent rumors that the U.S. government recovered “crash materials” from UAP, and even that the government has been working secretly to reverse engineer the technology.

AARO is charged with reviewing all non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) pertaining to UAP; evaluating all historical UAP intelligence documents; and extending protections to anyone who has signed an official U.S. government secrecy agreement related to UAP, thereby allowing them to come forward without fear of prosecution. In one stroke then this new office could resolve one of the greatest government conspiracy theories and most profound scientific questions of all time: Are we alone in the universe?

It’s time they did.

Since AARO was established, I have referred four witnesses to them who claim to have knowledge of a secret U.S. government program involving the analysis and exploitation of materials recovered from off-world craft. Other sources who, rightly or wrongly do not trust AARO’s leadership, have also contacted me with additional details and information about an alleged secret U.S. government reverse engineering program. Some have supplied information to the intelligence community’s inspector general, others directly to staff of the congressional oversight committees. As this process has progressed, and the credibility of these claims has grown, so too have my concerns. What if I’m helping to pry open a genuine Pandora’s box, releasing information that might prove destructive, destabilizing or for many simply terrifying? I’ve repeatedly had to ask myself: “Is disclosure in the best interest of the public? Am I doing the right thing working to bring what could be America’s most deeply buried secret to light?”

The most refreshingly clear guidance I have received came from Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), who is chair of the Senate Armed Services Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee and member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. When the opportunity presented itself during a meeting in the Senate, I asked, “You’ve launched an investigation that could prove aliens are visiting earth. What if the answer proves to be yes? Would you support sharing that information with the American people?” After all, AARO is not required to share its findings with the public, only Congress. Without hesitating she replied, “Of course! Why not?” I thought it was a great answer because I’ve always believed the public has a right to know the truth. However, after much reflection, I’ve also concluded the public needs to know the truth. I say this for the following reasons:

Democracy requires transparency. In our democracy the American people have a right to know the truth of this matter. Censoring vitally important information is inconsistent with our values and institutions. It would be the modern equivalent of repressing Galileo’s insights regarding the solar system or Darwin’s theory of evolution. It hinders scientific and technological progress and undermines faith in government.

We own any discovery . Any recovered materials belong to the American people. Any secretive government programs that may have existed were funded by American tax dollars and as such, any proceeds belong to the taxpayer.

We can handle it . Although disclosure would initially frighten and shock many people, polling data reveals that most Americans already believe we are not alone in the universe. Further, a high percentage of Americans already believe some UAP are in fact extraterrestrial craft. Our ancestors persevered despite profound fears of the unknown and so can we.

We don’t control UAP . Commercial satellite imagery is becoming ubiquitous and algorithms are already being written to identify UAP from space. As more powerful, dedicated sensors are deployed to collect UAP data, it is only a matter of time before more compelling UAP imagery and data emerges. Although UAP generally seem to avoid public exposure, there are exceptions. For example: the March 1950 incident in which dozens of UAP flew over Farmington, New Mexico in broad daylight; the famous flyover of Washington D.C. on successive weekends in July of 1952; the “Night of the UFOs” in Brazil in 1986; and the “Phoenix Lights” in 1997. The next time there is a mass UAP flyover of a major city, or even an event like the incident at Chicago’s O’Hare airport in 2006, the ubiquitous video cameras and powerful radars that will cover the event are going to provide far more substantial amounts of data with ever-greater levels of detail. Better to have disclosure on our terms rather than a sudden event that might cause panic.

Disclosure is only a matter of time . Foreign nations and civilian scientific groups around the world are undertaking ever more sophisticated and extensive UAP collection campaigns. The Galileo Project at Harvard, led by Dr. Avi Loeb, the former Chairman of the Harvard Department of Astronomy, is a case in point. Numerous other domestic and foreign groups ranging from the Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies, to Americans for Safe Aerospace and Enigma Labs are also investigating as are many foreign governments, from Japan to France.

Congress is proceeding . A number of credible individuals have shared compelling information behind closed doors in meetings with congressional staff, the intelligence community inspector general and AARO. Congress should seek a report from the ICIG on the evidence it has acquired on the issue of crash retrievals. That alone may be enough to provide leads that confirm the truth of long-standing accusations regarding a cover-up of recovered off-world technology. The goal is not to prosecute or punish, but to bring the truth to light.

Secrecy stifles science . If we have recovered off-world technologies, our best and brightest minds should be engaged in evaluating it. Assuming UAP propulsion technology is distinct from anything known to the public, a successful reverse engineering program might bring about a revolution in energy, transportation and materials technologies. We might be able to accelerate a transition to clean and cheap energy; perhaps even develop superconducting materials and propulsion technologies that are now the stuff of Hollywood movies.

Time to reduce international tensions . If it turns out that we’ve had some contact with other life forms, a reframing of international relations would be inevitable, almost certainly for the better. To the degree the U.S. has these materials and our rivals do not, this could provide new and unprecedented leverage for the U.S. Our adversaries will naturally fear unilateral advances on the part of the U.S. that render their defenses and technology obsolete. Adversaries are undeterred if they are ignorant of their opponents’ military capabilities. Better they know. And if any of these countries have also recovered off-world technology, all the more reason to make the most of what we have rather than risk being overtaken in research, development and deployment. Above all, once it becomes clear we are not alone, this should reduce or divert tensions among the leading nuclear powers. As Ronald Reagan said during an address to the United Nations General Assembly in 1987:

“In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world.”

No imminent threat. It seems unlikely that revealing the truth would change the pattern of UAP behavior we have been observing for many decades. Furtive activities around the planet and in our oceans are likely to continue. In the unlikely event there is a threat, our chances of survival are obviously far greater if we acknowledge the possibility and work with other nations to develop an effective deterrent. Although we are not experiencing acts of aggression, there is a pattern of persistent surveillance around DoD test ranges and facilities, especially our nuclear weapons capabilities. Hopefully any interest in our military capabilities is purely defensive.

Spark vitally needed collaboration. I cannot think of anything more likely to shock humanity out of its present complacence than the revelation we are not alone. Our species and planetary civilization is following a dangerous trajectory, one involving a serious prospect of nuclear conflagration. If that were not enough, all nations face the joint prospect of accelerating ecological devastation, the proliferation of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the threat that AI will become weaponized or turned against humanity. As the brilliant Israeli historian Yuval Hariri has observed,

“Each of these three problems — nuclear war; ecological collapse, and technological disruption — is enough to threaten the future of human civilization. But taken together, they add up to an unprecedented existential crisis, especially because they are likely to reinforce and compound one another.” He goes on to say, “a common enemy is the best catalyst for forging a common identity…”

What better way to provide an existential catalyst?

In conclusion, I believe it is in our interest to follow the facts of the UAP issue wherever they lead. All living things, all nations and corporations, can only survive by continuing to adapt to changing circumstances. But to do so we must know the facts. We can’t adapt to what we don’t perceive. Concealing such vital information, if indeed we are not alone, poses a huge barrier to understanding and successfully adapting to the world around us. Lies and disinformation are already polluting public discourse. We can’t have meaningful debates on policy if we cannot even agree on the basic facts.

Admittedly, disclosure would initially be shocking and disorienting, but we would of necessity modify our beliefs to accommodate a new understanding of the universe and our place within it. What is deemed possible technologically would certainly change, but if our government can reveal the truth of such a deep secret it will demonstrate that government can change as well. Maybe we can build on that, perhaps even mitigating the dynamic of our current, frighteningly polarized political process.

As Arthur C. Clarke, the brilliant author and inventor of modern communications satellites once said, commenting on the possibility of extraterrestrial contact: “Strangeness, wonder, mystery and magic — these things that not long ago seemed lost forever, will soon return to the world.” Some people will be afraid of change, as always, but change is inevitable and as always those who recognize and embrace it are the most likely to benefit. Thankfully, there are many reasons to believe that if UAP are manifestations of extraterrestrial intelligence, this stunning revelation can work to humanity’s advantage.

Selveste Gary Nolan uttalte dette for to uker siden:

Så det er ingen tvil om at det er bevegelse i materien.

1 Like

Slike artikler synes jeg bare blir komiske…

Men vi får se da :slight_smile:

Jeg holder ikke akkurat pusten :laughing:

Hva er komisk med det Christopher Mellon skriver?

Fordi det er kun bla bla bla og pjatt… ville spekulasjoner og total mangel på noe som helst konkretisering eller eksemplifisering av noentingsomhelst whatsoever??

Edit: Han skal liksom være insider, og så bringer han liksom 0 ekstra til bordet? Ja, jeg synes det blir komisk!

Kan ikke fatte at dere ikke ser hvor dumt det er!?

2 Likes

Ikke vet du noe om feltet. Ikke har du lest noe som helst. Men rante skal du.

Det virker som du må ha ting på forsiden av VG for at det er ekte?

Mellon bringer ingen ting til bordet? Mannen fasciliteter de facto høringer og granskninger på høyeste nivå i det amerikanske militære og politiske systemet.

1 Like

Ok, så nevn en interessant ting han kommer med da, som ikke hvem som helst kunne spekulert i?

Vi kan til og med se helt bort i fra kildekritikk i denne omgangen.

Det interessante, siden det dessverre går tapt for deg, er at en person med tidligere need-to-know og med ansvar for- og innsyn USA’s høyest gradert programmer går i ledetog for at folkevalgte organer skal få innsikt i den klandestine og grunnlovsstridige delen av håndteringen av UAP-problemet.

Om du vil se dokumenter eller “bevis” på at fenomenet er ekte og/eller er tatt på høyeste alvor siden 1940-tallet, så kan du lese deg ihjel på offentlige dokumenter, vitnemål, datamålinger og mer til i et bredt utvalg av bøker og publikasjoner. Men noe sier meg at det ikke er veien du vil velge å gå. Om du ønsker henvisninger kan du få så mange du vil.

1 Like

Ja, og selv han virker ikke å vite noenting mer konkret om dette! Det er vel snarere et argument mot at det befinner seg så mye mer spennende eller spektakulært bak…

Det koker igjen ned til noen uklare prikker som beveger seg rundt på en skjerm… :yawning_face:

1 Like

Altså, du er ikke klar over mennesker med tidligere innsyn har underskrevet NDA’s og er forhindret fra å dele slike ting offentlig? Hvis ikke, now you know.

Og så kommer du med noe sånt piss til slutt. Å diskutere med folk som deg gjør det fristende å banke hodet i panelen til man ikke føler noe mer. Registrerer at du er klinisk uvillig og uinteressert i å engasjere det enorme og ubestridelige fjellet av faktisk dokumentasjon, data og vitnemål.

I år 2000 bodde jeg ved sjøen utenfor Sandefjord (hytteområde). På sommeren, sol og pent vær, kom det i 16-tiden 2 kulerunde objekter, ca på størrelse med en bil, svevende ca 50 meter over bakken rett over meg. Jeg vil anslå farten til ca 80km/t. De så ut som brenneren på et propanapparat - som om det kom blå flammer ut fra kulene, rundt det hele. Ingen lange flammer. Jeg hørte også ganske svak hvislende lyd som et brennende propanapparat.
De kom som sagt rett over hodet mitt og jeg kunne se dem ganske lenge. De fløy i rett linje ca nordover.
Ikke før jeg hadde gått inn døra ringer en bekjent som bodde i Tjodalyng, ikke langt fra Larvik. Han var helt skjelven i stemmen og beskrev akkurat det jeg nettopp hadde sett.
Hva gjør man?
Jeg fulgte med i media. Ingenting.
Skulle jeg si det til noen og virke sprø?
Jeg fortalte bare til nærmeste familie og jeg vet den dag i dag ikke hva de tenker. Men jeg var edru, ved mine fulle fem og vet at jeg ikke fantaserte.
Aner ikke hva det var, men jeg kjenner ikke til at det finnes slike farkoster.

Hvis det finnes milliarder galakser, hver med milliarder av stjerner, og hver stjerne i snitt har minst 2 planeter - hva er sannsynligheten for at vi er alene?
Hva er sannsynligheten for at vi har kommet lengst?
Men, man skulle tro de er for langt unna.

I don`t know.
Jeg er skeptisk av natur, men kan ikke fornekte eller glemme det jeg så.
Hadde ikke tlf med kamera den gang. Hadde neppe rukket å filme om jeg hadde hatt heller.
Mange må ha sett det samme, men ingen står frem.

6 Likes

Problemet er jo nettopp at i dette “fjellet” av dokumentasjon så finnes det absolutt ingenting konkret å vise til, alt er veldig diffust og uhåndgripelig og koker alltid ned til vitnemål og prikker på skjermer. Da synes ikke jeg som skeptiker at det er så veldig spennende egentlig. Men jeg skjønner jo det kan være veldig pirrende å spekulere.

Og ja, jeg er provoserende i min argumentasjon. Men om du hadde hatt gode argumenter så hadde du kanskje ikke blitt så frustrert over sånt heller?

Edit: Jeg synes på det andre siden, at det er ganske kynisk og umoralsk å “lure” massevis av naive og søkende mennesker inn i denne “ufo-industrien”. For det kan ikke underslås at det er en stor industri med klare kapitalistiske motiver også.

1 Like

Om slike opplevelser er relativt vanlige, og reelle… så burde det jo finnes 10-tusenvis av mobilopptak av slikt per I dag …

Det finnes ikke et j… et! Hvorfor ikke??

1 Like

Aner ikke. Jeg har ikke sett noe lignende, hverken før eller siden.
Bodde i samme huset til 2017

Hva er bevis eller konkret for deg? Jeg kan henvise deg til bøker med tusenvis av henvisninger til offisielle dokumenter fra samtlige militærgrener og klandestine tjenester. Dokumenter som bekrefter at de ikke bare er innforstått med at fenomenet er ekte, men at det aktivt jobbes med å forstå, håndtere og forsøksvis utnytte fysikken/teknologien som er involvert. Du kan bevitne hundrevis av intervjuer med høyt dekorerte mennesker hvis integritet og meritter er udiskutable. Du kan se filmer som sammenstiller materien for deg (men som aldri blir en erstatning for grunnforskning).

2 Likes

Hvilket fenomen? UFO/UAV eller hva det kalles nå? Det er jo bare per definisjon noe som ikke umiddelbart kan forklares?

1 Like

Må bare legge til at jeg hverken er religiøs eller tror på noe overnaturlig.
Jeg bare så og hørte 2 objekter som jeg oppfattet som at det ikke fantes maken, og kunne ikke forstå at de ikke «ramla ned». Jeg kjente ingen lukt, ingen varme, ingen turbulens.
Er siv.ing og har begge bein godt planta på jorden :blush:

5 Likes

Du er ikke alene om slike opplevelser. Du er tvert imot i godt selskap. Mange tusen mennesker (enten de er astronauter, jagerpiloter, fysikere eller ingeniører) observerer ulike uttrykk av UAP-fenomenet hvert eneste år. De mest interessant tilfellene er jo de som består av øyevitneobservasjoner av flere mennesker samtidig, og som i tillegg og registreres/dokumenteres på tvers av flere sensorsystemer.

1 Like

Jeg ønsker å gå inn i dette med et åpent sinn, selv om jeg må innrømme at mitt standpunkt nok ligger nært det @rockybalboa beskriver over. Kan du linke til de 3 viktigste artiklene (slik du ser det) som beskriver slike uforklarlige fenomener? Jeg ønsker helst ikke linker til filmer, serier, “dokumentarer” fra History Channel, intervjuer med tidligere militærpiloter el, men så nøytrale og objektive data som mulig. Bonus dersom disse artiklene har blitt publisert i et fagfellevurdert tidsskrift.

Litt av utfordringen er at stigmaet har medført at fenomenet i liten til ingen grad har blitt gjenstand for akademiske artikler i tradisjonell forstand. Selv omsider er i en viss endring nå (og det er sikkert noen hederlige unntak jeg ikke har top of mind).

Det definitivt mest givende vil jeg mene er å lese en av de bedre bøkene som tar for seg historikken og gir konteksten for hvordan UAP-problemet ble identifisert og håndtert. Der ligger hele nøkkelen på å forstå hvordan stigmaet ble som det ble og hvorfor narrativet i dag er som det er.

Den viktigste «dataen» er den kumulative vekten som har bygget seg opp gjennom mange tiår med offisielle dokumenter, lekkasjer, vitnemål og spektakulære hendelser a la Nimitz henvist til ovenfor der flere piloter ser det samme som sensorsystele på både skip og fly. Bedre «data» enn dét får man ikke.

La meg finne mine topp 3-5 artikler/bøker/whatnot når jeg får tid og anledning foran PC’en.

2 Likes

Jeg skjønner skepsisen.
Hva ville dere ha gjort hvis dere så noe?
Fortalt og blitt stemplet som sprø?
Hvis du fikk et glimt av et eller annet, ville du brukt sekundene på å se eller på å tukle frem kamera på mobilen?

Hvis du ikke ikke hadde vært født, men “eksisterte” et annet sted,- ville du ha trodd alt det vi ser her på jorda?
Eksistensen er jo ganske utrolig. At naturlig seleksjon fra bakterier endte opp med alt dette.
Så, kan vi utelukke andre eksistenser?

1 Like